This wonderful drawing of Persephone going to the Underworld was done by my friend Ariel Springs. I love the fact that Ariel challenged the traditional narrative by showing Persephone as happy. If you look very closely, you’ll also see that the plants on the left are blooming, but the ones on the right are wilting and dying, showing how the path leads down to the land of the dead. I’m impressed with how many ideas she was able to include in a relatively simple drawing. Thanks, Ariel, for letting me share this.
- madgastronomer (@madgastronomer) on Glamour breaking as political magic
- Glamour breaking as political magic – Works of Literata | Tenders of the Earth Temple on Glamour breaking as political magic
- heatherhavens on American medical SNAFU
- angela1313 on American medical SNAFU
- Widdershins on Michigan Pagan Festival!
Literata on TwitterMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
Tagsannouncements awareness bodily autonomy book review Brigid cats civil rights clergy Columbia culture daily practice dc40 death deity disability discrimination divination Elements environment ethics evil exercises feminism framing gender goddess ground and center health care history humor Imbolc immanent landbase legal life love magic math meditation meditation moment metaphors military myths NAR nature news OHF Pagan Paganism poetry politics prayers privilege publications QUILTBAG issues reality recognition relationship religious freedom review ritual Sabbats sex social change social justice store reviews Tarot technology theaology visualization Wheel of the Year Wicca Witch writing Yule